Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Burden of Fame


While we're on the topic of Professor Burden, who shuffled off two years ago today, I would like to share this unlikely artifact. One of the last items I pulled out of the Magic Recycle Bin before the authorities cracked down and paved over, it's a PEOPLE magazine (Aug 28, 1989) featuring Ringo Starr on the cover, which I grabbed for collage materials. Needless to say, I was quite surprised to find this profile therein. What were they thinking? I love the caption on the final image, with "pal Charles Ray on their sloop."




1 comment:

Taylor Jessen said...

So your'e saying there was a magic hole in the street somewhere full of collage materials that LADOT paved over? That's TERRIBLE. There are places where LADOT is literally decades behind in their street repairs, and to think that they managed to send a crew to pour asphalt in a hole full of art supplies is unconscionable. I want to know where this hole was and go open it again. Maybe Proctor's stolen scrapbooks are in it.