Saturday, September 10, 2011

R.O.G. (Rectilinear Occlusion Gear) 01


I made a new piece for this show and I haven't seen it myself, though both Carl Berg (who curated) and Chris Miles (who's also in it) said it looks good. I made it to collapse and fit into Carl's car, and the process was such that I never saw it unfolded. It includes some bits left over from Chain Letter, some unauthorized appropriations of other artists work, and some found and thrift store art. And the stretcher bars were previously used by both Pamela Fraser and M.A. Peers.

I'll post an image when I get one. But check out that line-up. Boy howdy, group shows don't come much better than this: Bob Gunderman, your humble blogger, Micol Hebron, Roger Herman, David McDonald, Christopher Miles, Paul Paiement, Christopher Pate, Max Presneill, Tyler Stallings, Laurie Steelink, Inmo Yuon and HK Zamani. The basic idea is that we all curate, but what a powerhouse team of just plain artistes!

Role Reversal
Opening Sunday, Sept 11, 3-5pm

MAP, DIRECTIONS & MORE INFO at: www.msmc.la.edu/gallery

SHOW DATES: September 6 – October 18, 2011

GALLERY HOURS: Tues - Sat 12 - 5 PM
Closed Oct 13 - 14

Panel Discussion with artists - Saturday 24th, 3-4pm

No comments: